Friday 12 May 2017

Nashville Nights UK: Chat Up/ "PICKUP" Lines?











Things have moved on from The Bellamy's Brothers:
 "If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"

Nashville Nights UK - London
19 Nov 2017
Facebook/ Twitter photo
Country music's delivery system has constantly been evolving. Former CMA Entertainer of the Year Luke Bryan and CMA Duo of the Year Florida Georgia Line reflected that with a shift from the Kenny Chesney laid-back to 24-hour keg party spanning corn fields to shorelines.

Bro-country”, which still seems alive and well, generally depicts women as scantily clad, model-like sexy objects with painted on jeans and daisy dukes existing to drive men crazy.  Yet seemingly Luke has an army of mostly female fans who are desperate to love his music, or is it him?

In Florida Georgia Line's "Get Your Shine On," the "girl" in the song is encouraged to keep drinking moonshine, then "slide that little sugar shaker over here" and rock all night long. FGL even said 'Girl' 42 times on their still top 40 ANYTHING GOES album!
In their >> video again it clearly demonstrates they draw a large female fanbase looking to have fun a "Friday Night".
Jody Rosen (then of New York Magazine) in a Rise of Bro-Country report in August 2013 noted:
Put another way: If “Cruise” were a guy at a bar, he would sidle up to the hottest blonde in the room, laugh loudly at his own jokes, and, after crashing and burning with a couple of lame pickup lines, ask, “Have you heard this awesome song?” Whereupon he would whip out his iPhone and dial up the video for Florida Georgia Line’s “Cruise.” In short, “Cruise” is bro-country: music by and of the tatted, gym-toned, party-hearty young American white dude. 
Breaking down the stereotypes in 2015 Sam Hunt was one of the hottest singers in country music. The most flattering thing I hear is, ‘I didn’t think I liked country music before I heard your record.’ said Sam. Women in his songs are treated very well, compared with his Nashville peers. “Respect for women was a very important part of my upbringing,” Hunt told Billboard Magazine.

Sheryl Crow who has just released a new ROCK album titled Be Myself told USA Today in April this year: The country market is a lot different than I thought it would be,” she admitted. “This is not to slag country but their songs now are totally sexist. 
Nothing has changed in 4 years on the Billboard Country Airplay chart – it is still VERY Male dominated and the artists, often, still refer to a “girl” not “lady”! Yet the radio audience is probably over 50% female listeners!
Nashville Nights UK fans


At the Nashville Nights UK Lift Off Launch in February 2016, Brits In Boots
in their review highlighted the fact that there was a “a sea of women” and that they “probably made up at least 70% of the crowd”!

The question is, do the UK female country fans not mind the lyrics they are hearing but just love the hot country hunks that deliver them?!

Would any of these pickup lines suggested in these lyrics have the desired effect or would you end up with a slap round the face? Do you have to look like a Sam Hunt a Kip Moore a Tyler Hubbard or a Chris Lane to pull them off”!

Could the Nash Nights UK events provide an opportunity to try them out?

Are You Ready To Party?
“Woah, oh-oh-oh -Woah, oh-oh-oh-Woah, oh-oh-oh!”
Check out our 23 song Country Dance Mix playlist to put you in the mood: 


Chat Up/ "PICKUP" Lines
Your Essential Guide?

(Florida Georgia Line) I'll sit you up on the kitchen sink, And stick the pink umbrella in your drink, The way that we're feelin we gone by this evenin'
Hey girl, whatcha think girl, You look a little thirsty lemme go getcha something to drink girl
(FGL) So baby you a song, You make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise.
(FGL) No one's ever gonna love you more than, God, your mama, and me, Unconditionally

(Jake Owen) "I ain't ever seen a country boy with tires on his truck this high."

(Luke Bryan) You got that sun tan skirt and boots, Waiting on you to look my way and scoot, Your little hot self over here, Girl hand me another beer, yeah!
I got that real good feel good stuff, Up under the seat of my big black jacked up truck
(Luke Bryan) Baby you can crash my party anytime.

(Chase Rice) Ready, set, let’s ride, Get your little fine ass on the step, Shimmy up inside. Just slide girl, By my side girl, We can run this town, I can rock your world.
(Josh Thompson) “Chillin’ right here, baby if you want it, I’ve gotta cold beer with your name on it.”
(Ray Scott) “How do you get in those jeans, baby? And tell me how do I?” – …

(Scotty McCreery) No, I don’t care what time it is, I just gotta get a little moonlight kiss

(Chris Young) Aw naw, it would be so wrong, If we didn’t dance once, Show off those jeans you painted on, Aw naw.
(Billy Currington) I got a shotgun seat for you, You can tell me where it is you wanna take off to.

(Tim McGraw) Your Kisses are sweeter than Tupelo honey....Ain’t nothing in the whole wide world, Like a southern girl.
(Tyler Farr) You know you broke the wrong heart baby, and drove me redneck crazy

(Eric Paslay) I wanna be your jackpot hot spot, Wide open road in a candy apple rag top.

(Randy HouserLet Me Show You How Country Feels

(Frankie Ballard) Every time you kiss me it's like sunshine and whiskey
(Jon Pardi) So baby let’s go, take a dirt road, Kick it back, find a good song on the radio,
Come on baby let me take you on a night ride, Windows down, sittin’ on my side

(Keith Urban) I just close my eyes and you’re ridin shotgun

(Jason Aldean) We about to get a little tangled up right about now, So girl let's keep burnin' it down / Girl when you want it, you know that I'm on it, You know that I love lovin' up on you, I wanna rock it all night, Baby girl, will you rock it out with me?

(Sam Hunt) And I don't mean to bother you but, I couldn't just walk by, And not say, "Hi"
I don't wanna steal your freedom, I don't wanna change your mind, I don't have to make you love me, I just wanna take your time
You're still here, And I'm still here, Come on let's see where it goes
I don't wanna blow your phone up, I just wanna blow your mind, I don't have to take your heart, I just wanna take your time

(Sam Hunt “Body Like A Back Road”) I know every curve like the back of my hand/ Doin' 15 in a 30, I ain't in no hurry
I'mma take it slow just as fast as I can/ Get there when we get there/ Every inch is a mile

(Brad Paisley) "I'd like to check you for ticks."

(Josh Turner) I've been looking all over, all over the world, For a pretty little homegrown hometown girl

(Brett Eldredge "Drunk On Your Love") "I wish I could bottle you up, and drink you in all day long, singing this song"

(Old Dominion "Snapback") Strictly outta curiosity / What would happen if you got with me? / Kissin' you would hit the spot with me / Come on, skip a couple rocks with me.”/ I got somethin' we could start tonight Lookin' at you girl it's hard to fight
Those stars need to be wished on / Your skin needs to be kissed on

(Rascal Flatts) This hand in my pocket, Oh baby, just call it, 'Cause it's yours if you want it / And every bit of love left in this beat up, banged up, scarred up heart, That's been waitin' on a girl like you, I know it ain't much, but it comes alive with every touch
Every kiss already feels like you own it

(Lady Antebellum) I'm thinking everybody better stand in line, 'Cause they need to know that your body's coming with me tonight/ Whole room gets to spinnin' from the second that you walk in, And baby you look good all day, all night, You look good, so fresh, so fine

(Kip Moore) So God made girls like you make guys like me, Wanna reach for the brightest star, set it on a ring, Put it on your hand, grab a piece of land, And raise a few

(Billy Currington) Do I make you wanna dance real slow? Go flyin' down a two lane road?, Find a limb to hang your clothes?
Do I make you wanna let your hair down

(Easton Corbin) You’ve got that beautiful born with it kind of thing, It comes so natural, no baby don’t ever change, And I wonder when I see the smile on your face, Baby, what did I do to ever get a girl like you

(Cody Johnson) Oh, with you I am, Strong as an oak, But soft like leather, High as a pine, And light as a feather

(Todd O'Neill “Love Again”) You’ve got a little bit of magic in your fingertips, whole lot of sexy when you move your hips, You make me want to love again

(Russell Dickerson “Yours”) But I came to life when I first kissed you, The best me has his arms around you | You put a new heartbeat inside of me, You make me better than I was before

(Brett Young) In case you didn't know, Baby I'm crazy bout you, And I would be lying if I said, That I could live this life without you

(Chris Lane “Let Me Love You”) You're the type of woman deserves good things, A fistful of diamonds, a hand full of rings, Baby you're a star, I just want to show you are, You should let me love you, Let me be the one to…

(Michael Ray “Think A Little Less”) And in case you were wondering, You've never looked hotter / And get you out of this bar, out of that dress and kiss a little more


(Drake White “It feels Good) Layin' with my lady on the riverbank, She looked over lazy and gave me a wink / So, dip your toes in the water baby this is the spot, Well, it feels good, good, good

(Chris Young “Losing Sleep”) His sexiest since “Gettin’ You Home”!!! :  Baby, let’s just lose control, lose control / I can handle every single curve, you know / That I love you, let me show you, oh oh oh.
Fall into me / Let me breathe the air you breathe / I can take you anywhere you wanna be / When it comes to us / Every single touch is something special

Pickup Lines for the Ladies

(Kelsea Ballerini “Dibs”) - Hey baby what's your status? And tell me are you trynna keep it?/ Did I mention: If you got a kiss on your lips that you're looking for somebody to take, If you got a heart that ain't afraid of love ain't afraid to break, If you've got a Friday night free and a shotgun seat/ I'll calling dibs On your lips On your kiss On your time Boy, I'm calling dibs

(Meghan Linsey ex Steel Magnolia) “Boy, if you wanna know the things I’ve been thinking / You’d be meeting me outside.”

(Dolly Parton ”Romeo”) Pickup Line: “I may not be in love / But let me tell you I’m in heat.”



Related BLOG POST:

CONNECT with Nashville Nights UK:
 photo Homepage_zpsed80f180.png  photo facebook_zpsc6fe26ab.png  photo twitter_zps621beec6.png  photo youtube_zpsde4415b2.png  photo instagram_zps11345153.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.