Friday 23 September 2011

Interview with Lorrie Morgan: Country Music Sensation

Interview with Lorrie Morgan: Country Music Sensation Suite101.com

Lorrie Morgan CD Art I Walk Alone

Suite101 interview with country songstress Lorrie Morgan, where she talks about her career in the industry, tour schedule, new documentary, and record deal.

On September 7, 2011, country music star Lorrie Morgan opens up to Suite101 about her career in the country music industry, upcoming fall touring schedule, new documentary, proudest moments, and new deal with ANR Records.

Lorrie Morgan Talks About Her New Album

Regarding her current record I Walk Alone, Morgan states, “it’s my first album that I’ve written all the songs on it. It’s the soundtrack to my life over the last five or six years. It deals with the ins and outs of becoming a more mature woman, and it was written for us wiser women.”

Lorrie Morgan Talks About Her New Documentary

My label ANR Records came up with the idea to do a documentary on me, and they got a lot of my friends and family members, and people that are an important part of my life. It’s really special to me, since my mom and some of my family are on there as well. I’m really honored that they asked me to do this,” she says.

Lorrie Morgan Discusses her Fall Touring Schedule

According to Lorrie Morgan, she reveals, “My fall touring schedule is pretty hectic. This is the most grueling schedule I’ve had in ten years. I’m thankful for it, and we’re having fun out there. I’m working on a lot of dates with Pam Tillis. I’m blessed because I don’t have that motherly guilt going on that I used to have years ago, where I would miss ball practices, graduations and proms. My kids are grown and they have their own lives now, so I have more freedom to get out there on the road.”

Lorrie Morgan Talks About the Grand Ole Opry

In 1984, at the age of twenty-four, Morgan was the youngest country singer to become a member of the Grand Ole Opry.
I was a dream come true for me,” Morgan admits. “This is what I wanted all my life. I was blessed to have that opportunity, and still to this day it’s my greatest achievement in my career.”

Lorrie Morgan Discusses her Hit Singles

Lorrie Morgan Greatest Hits
 Throughout her career, Morgan has had more than twenty-five singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs Charts, where several peaked at #1, including What Part of No, Five Minutes and I Didn’t Know My Own Strength.

On this milestone, she remarks, “it felt absolutely awesome! Everybody has a goal that they have in their workplace or their jobs, and that was the ultimate for me: to have #1 records and nominations. That’s what I worked for, and why I work as hard as I do.”

Lorrie Morgan Talks About her Dream Collaboration Choices

On her dream collaboration choices in country music, Morgan says “I would love to someday sing with Pam Tillis and Kenny Rogers. Kenny is a true singer and those are hard to come by these days.”

Lorrie Morgan Talks Future Plans

We’re just touring and I’m in the middle of writing my next album. I’m also a brand new grandmother. I’m at a good place right now in my life and career!” she exclaims.

Lorrie Morgan Talks Alternate Careers -

On alternate career choices, Morgan notes that she would like to be a “prosecuting attorney.” “I love law, and I love criminal cases, and I watch the live trials all the time.”

Lorrie Morgan Talks Fans and Success

For Lorrie Morgan, success means that “you’ve got a handful of friends. It does not have anything to do with money. It has to do with your name and your word of honor. If people look at you with respect, then you are successful!”
For her fans, Morgan concludes, “Thanks. You’ve been there for me for a long time. I’ve been very blessed and I’ve gotten more in this business than I’ve ever dreamed for. My fans have been very consistent, coming to my shows and supporting me, and my kids and my family.”

Listen to her album I WALK ALONE on SPOTIFY

SOURCE
Read more at Suite101: Interview with Lorrie Morgan: Country Music Sensation | Suite101.com http://markospapadatos.suite101.com/interview-with-lorrie-morgan-country-music-sensation-a387483#ixzz1YnIdIu3l

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.