Friday 21 April 2017

BRITISH country singer Beth Thornton supports BON JOVI on tour

BRITISH COUNTRY SINGER BETH THORNTON SUPPORTS BON JOVI ON TOUR

British country singer Beth Thornton and her band opened for Bon Jovi in Toronto at the Air Canada Centre on April 10th 2017, wowing the crowd with her spellbinding vocals and captivating stage presence.

Citing Bon Jovi as the reason she first got into songwriting aged 15, it was a dream come true for newcomer Beth when she recently won a competition to perform on the same stage as her childhood idols.

Beth says: ‘The enormity of this whole experience hit me when I sang the last line "I can reach all the dreams that I wanna reach", I looked out at the thousands of people and I felt an overwhelming realization that I'd fulfilled my childhood dream of opening for my hero. A moment I will treasure forever’.

On Facebook she further shared:  One of my biggest dreams came true yesterday! I'm so grateful to have had such an incredible group of guys behind me. What an amazing few months it's been! And this is just the start! Thank you so much Bon Jovi 10/04/17

Recent months has seen Thornton perform on the Festival stages at Country 2 Country Festival 2017 playing twice (Fri March 10 15:00-15:30 | Sun March 12 15:00-15:30) at the Water Margin within the O2 complex.



She released her debut single ‘Your Everything’ in January which reached #3 in the UK Country iTunes Charts. It debuted at #4 UK iTunes Country on 9 Jan 2017 then climbed to #3 (#201 UK iTunes Single All Genres). The song began a few years ago and musician Glen Mitchell (SaraBeth) helped to craft the tune. Beth was joined on the single by Glen and the song was mastered and mixed in Nashville, Tennessee. “Beth is an awesome new British country artist I've been working with” shared Glen helping to promote the single.

Listen to Your Everything:
If I Could Be, Then I Would Be Your Everything
Woooh
For You To See What You Are To Me, I’d Give Anything To Be Yours.
Everything…Your Everything

Release Date: 9 Jan 2017
Label: w21Records
Time: 4:10 Amazon UK - UK iTunes 
Beth worked with w21Records for a few months and work started on her new debut single, plus an EP is slated to be in the works for 2017. Beth was the first artist to release a single through W21's record label (but wasn't signed with them).

The single was playlisted by DAB Station Chris Country Radio

Chris Radio - "Exclusive first play"
Keith Greentree BBC Radio Norfolk - "It's so nice, we heard Alison Krauss earlier and it's equally as nice Isn't that GOOD!
Baylen Leonard -"Great things ahead in 2017 if that song is anything to go by
"Blumin' hell spellbinding stuff that was wonderful an amazing song….spectacular/ wonderful" - Russell Hill (Source Mixcloud: Russell Hill's Country Music Show on Express FM feat. Beth Thornton)

"Had the best time doing my first ever radio interview and live session with Russell Hill on Express FM" Beth shared in January

Already making waves stateside, Beth is due to record in Nashville in the coming months.

Beth Thornton and her band play Buckle and Boots Festival, 23-25th June on The Paddock Stage.

Watch Beth Thornton "It Don't Matter" published on April 16, 2017:


About Beth Thornton:
Genre: Country/Pop
Home Town: Oxfordshire
In Brief: I sing, I play, I write, I can't dance

In her own words: I didn't start songwriting until I was around 15. When people ask me how I got into it they always think my answer is funny. "Bon Jovi". Not many 15 year-old girls were listening to an 80's rock band I guess! Anyway, they released a Nashville influenced album and I couldn't get enough! I loved the songwriting, lyrics and catchy hooks. It introduced me to the world of country. Dixie Chicks, Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley... I'd never heard anything like it and I was addicted to how listening to that kind of music made me feel. 
I love playing my songs for people. It's terrifying putting yourself out there but it's the best feeling in the world to hear that someone's enjoyed something you've written, and that its affected them in some way or that they can relate to it.

CONNECT with Beth Thornton:
Home Page Icon Pink x 48 photo Home-Icon-Pink x48_zpsbck4m9sa.png Facebook Icon Pink x 48 photo Facebook_zpsoxry8ygw.png Twitter Icon Pink x 48 photo Twitter_zpsu2lrijql.png Instagram Icon Pink x 48 photo Instagram_zpsuh9qqh6v.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.