|Jonathan Terrell: Credit Linda Beecroft (Sept 2016)|
Austin-based singer-songwriter Jonathan Terrell has released his new track and video ‘Color Me Lucky’ to stream via Soundcloud, the first single from his forthcoming solo EP of the same name - out in the UK/Europe on 24th February 2017.
For fans of: Chris Stapleton, Ryan Adams, The Gaslight Anthem, Ryan Bingham, Andrew Combs, Jason Isbell
Filmed in Austin, Texas and Topeka, Kansas, ‘Color Me Lucky’ was directed and edited by Michael Anthony Gibson, produced by Lathan McKay and stars world-renowned stunt man Doug Danger. It was shot by Gibson, Hannah Varnell, and Kate Marie Hellenbeck in Austin and by Josiah Engstrom in Topeka. Published on Sept 13, 2016 it has received approaching 3K views.
4 Tracks / Time: 15:53
Genres: Americana, Music, Country, Alt Rock > Singer-Songwriters
Expected UK Release date:
24 February 2017
24 February 2017
℗ 2016 NottAustin Music UK
It was self-released in America on Nov 1, 2016
Current Amazon Best Sellers Rank (dated Feb10, 2017):
#362,694 Paid in Albums (See Top 100 Paid in Albums)
#2969 in MP3 Downloads > Albums > Alt Rock > Singer-Songwriters
#15497 in MP3 Downloads > Albums > Country
‘Color Me Lucky’ was inspired when Jonathan had the chance to sit on one of Evel Knievel’s Harleys at a friend’s party - who just happens to own the largest Evel Knievel memorabilia collection in the world - and looked down to see the words ‘Color Me Lucky’ on the gas tank.
“After touring all over the world, I wanted to write a song that captured that feeling when you take a last look around, everything slows down and you're collecting the power and emotions to fuel you to do either something so fantastic where you’ll achieve legendary status or you simply, don't. It’s like a bull ride - if you make it eight seconds, you make the round. But if you fall off before, then it's no score,” said Jonathan Terrell.
It's Not Me (But it Could Be), published on 19 Jan 2017 (8.4K views) Co-directed by P. Galvan and R. Win
Starring Allie DeBerry and Tyler Beede
This video was staged in secret so that neither Allie or the extras knew about the proposal. This was a very real proposal and she said yes.
About: Jonathan Terrell
- Jonathan Terrell has roots music in his blood. Born into a large family of former cult-member musicians, he entered this world in the back room of a trailer hidden out among the deep pines of East Texas.
- In his younger years, playing in the church band and working horses was all he knew.
- Since moving to Austin, Texas, Terrell has bloomed into a well-respected songwriter of deeply moving and resonant country-folk music explorations.
- Although he's graced the stage with country legends such as Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard and supported acts such as Chris Stapleton and ZZ Top, Terrell never fully rests on traditional country music. “A good song is a good song” says JT. Pulling inspiration from dreamscapes and in-depth stories from the gorgeous and gritty corners of Americana, Terrell is undoubtedly a new breed of America and country music.
- He received international praise for his 2008 full-length solo debut TRIALS AND STIMULATIONS, and then began work on his next record until shelving the project in 2011 to front the charismatic, ever-touring rock'n'roll band Not In The Face.
- In 2015 Terrell released his unshelved Americana gem ‘Past the Lights of Town’ on Candy Bang Records followed by residencies in NYC, DC and Philadelphia; a UK tour, and a run of sold-out shows in France.
- Terrell has now returned to these roots and has recorded a new EP, COLOR ME LUCKY for which he has worked to craft his songs into an enchanting collection of yearning and bravado, of heartbreak and redemption.
The title track is at radio and the ‘Color Me Lucky’ EP will be released in the UK & Europe on Friday 28th February 2017.
CONNECT with Jonathan Terrell: