DYNAMIC SISTER DUO PRESLEY & TAYLOR DIAL INTO NEW SINGLE
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (January 25, 2017) – The hot, new, dynamic sister duo, Presley & Taylor released their new single, titled “This Phone” (Mercy Music City),* to country radio early this week (January 23, 2017).
The teenagers’ fifth career single, and the lead single from the pair’s highly-anticipated sophomore CD (expected in Spring 2017/Mercy Music City, LLC), “This Phone” is poised to lay the tracks for the fast-moving train destined to transport the gals’ “arrival” as career recording artists here to stay.
A Presley & Taylor original, "This Phone" represents a desperate connection and a constant reminder of heartbreak. Illuminated by traditional trickling keys, whining pedal steel and crying fiddle, the contemporary storyline dials into a Millennial relationship "on hold" and a sentiment today's younger generation will be attuned.
Written and produced by Presley & Taylor, the modern, up-to-the-minute, breakup ballad was recorded in Nashville and made its global, on-air debut on WSM-AM’s “Coffee, Country & Cody.” “Our accessibility and ability to communicate in today’s digital age is, without question, a modern-day convenience; and I’ll be the first to admit that it’s almost addictive. But, the convenience can feel like a ‘ball and chain,’ and it also makes it way too easy to be flippant or cavalier—especially when it comes to relationships,” said Presley. “We all have the tendency to communicate today via text (or not), and the digital platforms make our lives and activity an open book (in as much as we allow).
One of my favourites of the evening, they've got a great sound, They are just the right combination, they have the traditional sound to them but they are also very modern and contemporary…a really good country song...I really want them to do well, two really nice sisters, really love that song" – Marie Crichton BBC Radio Shropshire (Jan 21, 2017)
This can become a spellbinding drama that puts relationships in the forefront or a terrifying silent alarm. That’s what we wanted to convey honestly and realistically in ‘This Phone’,” Taylor added. The duo's first two singles (”Looking For A Cowboy”/”Kickin’ Back”) achieved Top 40 chart status and their third single (titled “While You Were Gone”) ranked at No. 30 on the national MusicRow Country Breakout Chart.
Keeping the upward momentum, their most recent single (“My Home Town”) topped out at #25. Presley & Taylor will participate in Country Radio Seminar (CRS-2017) in their second consecutive year and are scheduled to perform LIVE at the "Fresh On The Row" Show, Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at The Listening Room Café (immediately following the Music Row Meet & Greet industry event—2:30PM). “This Phone” will be available via all major digital and streaming outlets. (Amazon/iTunes/Pandora/Spotify); Ed Gertler (Digital Delivery Services) will spearhead the digital campaign. Al Brock, Lynne Connolly and Jan Woods will team to lead the radio promotion campaign.
Currently available on US iTunes released Jan 24, 2017.
ABOUT PRESLEY & TAYLOR
- Raised in a small farm town in Connecticut, sisters Presley and Taylor spent most of their time alongside their family of talented musicians listening to country music greats and world-class trendsetters in the format (such as Tammy Wynette, Tanya Tucker, Randy Travis and Alan Jackson).
- Described as “the real deal” and “absolutely brilliant” by radio execs, the “neo traditional” Presley & Taylor embrace the sound of stone cold country music and traditions, and add a whimsical charm with absolute vocals and impeccable harmonies.
- Launching their music careers as “official,” Presley & Taylor cut their teeth in the studio to record a project “just for fun” and the fun took flight to escalate into a promising career.
- At just fourteen and sixteen years old, Presley & Taylor shared the stage with award-winning entertainers and hit-makers such as Martina McBride, Ashton Shepard, Bucky Covington, Janie Fricke, Sarah Darling, Jamie O’Neal, The Willis Clan, Buddy Jewell and Restless Heart; have become regular performers at Tootsies Orchid Lounge, The Nashville Palace, the Hard Rock Café, Margaritaville and Ernest Tubb Record Shop; and they have made a number of in-studio, special guest appearances on WSM-650AM radio in the heart of Music City.
- They are currently in the studio producing and recording music for their sophomore CD.
For more on Presley & Taylor
CONNECT with Presley & Taylor: