Tuesday 3 April 2018

Kevin McGuire releases acoustic rendition of The 1975's 'The Sound'


Kevin McGuire releases an acoustic rendition of The 1975’s ‘The Sound’
Out The Sound (Acoustic) - Single on iTunes on Friday April 6
FFO: SAM HUNT, HUNTER HAYES


One of the emerging talents in the UK and has already played at C2C, Nashville Meets London and Buckle & Boots Festival as supporting the likes of Union J and Deacon Blue.

 Nashville better prepare for Kevin McGuire….It’s certain that the country singer is going places” – The Scottish Sun 
“Kevin McGuire’s vocals are so strong, clear and authentically country” – CelebMix


Born in Glasgow, Kevin McGuire may be Scotland's answer to the Country music wave currently sweeping the UK. 

Beginning his career at the age of 17, Kevin quickly went on to perform in top venues including King Tuts, the O2 Academy, ABC and The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.

Over the last few years, Kevin has managed to build up a following all over the UK from supporting artists ranging from the likes of Union J to Deacon Blue. 2017 in particular brought great success for Kevin, starting with the release of his FOREIGN COUNTRY EP which shot straight to #2 on the iTunes Country Albums Chart. This led to a number of stellar performances at some of the UK’s premier country events, including a spot on the Nashville Meets London stage and also at a packed-out Under The Bridge for Nashville Nights (Facebook Video here).


On Oct 29, 2017 Kevin performed 'Late' live on BBC Radio 2s Good Morning Sunday. Clare Balding described the young singer-songwriter as "Scotland's answer to COUNTRY Music" and after performed his song 'Late' - "What a fantastic sound, wasn't it a brilliant song, I loved it...wasn't Kevin McGuire great, what a lovely guy, he does sing from the heart". 

Two hours after his appearance his 5 track EP Foreign Country re-entered the UK Country iTunes Album Top 200 chart at #4 (#322 UK iTunes Albums all genres),  Celebmix.com shared the buzz. Listen to the audio and Read more Country Bites News snippets Oct 23 – Oct 29, 2017

To kick off 2018 which promises to follow in a similar fashion, Kevin returns with a brand-new covers EP.
The first release from the project is a rendition of one of his personal favourites, ‘The Sound’ by The 1975:
"I love Country music, I love Pop music. The song itself is just really infectious. As soon as I heard it I was instantly hooked (as I have been to most of The 1975’s records). I just started jamming to it in my room, and naturally my tone and the way I played it brought out a Country feel to it. I guess it’s how ‘Kevin McGuire’ would sing The 1975. 
Matt (Healy) has always been a big influence on me as a musician, front-man and songwriter. He talks about how genres these days are dying out, and that’s something I believe too, that artists shouldn’t feel restricted and confined to a particular style. I think, for me, that’s what makes this cover interesting. It is possible to take great songs, dress them up and sing them whatever way you like and a good song will always shine through"

I can't believe I forgot your name
Oh baby won't you come again?
She said "I've got a problem with your shoes and your tunes
But I might move in" and
"I thought that you were straight, now I'm wondering"
You're so conceited, I Said "I love you"
What does it matter if I lie to you?
I don't regret it but I'm glad that we're through
So don't you tell me that you 'just don't get it'
'Cause I know you do
Well I know when you're around 'cause I know the sound
I know the sound, of your heart
Well I know when you're around 'cause I know the sound
I know the sound, of your heart

Recorded in 2015 and released Feb 10, 2016 the Synth-pop/ indie pop single “The Sound” (Dirty Hit | writers George Daniel, Adam Hann, Matthew Healy, Ross MacDonald; http://the1975.com) by English rock band The 1975 was released as a radio single on Feb 19, 2016. It is currently the band's highest charting single in the UK, peaking at number #15. Rolling Stone named "The Sound" one of the 30 best songs of the first half of 2016. Listen on Spotify. The official video has been viewed nearing 37-million times on >> YouTube



COMPETITION (Ends April 6):
THE SOUND - THE 1975 (COVER) on Spotify NOW!
SURPRIIIISE - N E W M U S I C I am so excited to share my acoustic version of 'The Sound' by The 1975 over on Spotify!! AND, to celebrate, I am giving you the chance to have me come to your home and play a special private acoustic set for you and your friends! Entry is FREE and it's soooo easy, just click on 'sign up' below and ‘save’ my song to your Spotify! To double your chances of winning, give my profile a follow too! Good luck guyssss! 🌴🙏
Posted by Kevin McGuire on Friday, 30 March 2018



See all Related BLOG POSTS ( April 2017) Kevin McGuire’s “Foreign Country” EP drops April 7th

Kevin has been announced to play the Millport Country Music Festival on Saturday September 8th (See BLOG) in the initial wave of artists to appear 7-9th September 2018. He shared: I can't wait to set foot on your pretty island. Let's light it up together!

CONNECT with Kevin McGuire:
 photo Homepage_zpsed80f180.png photo facebook_zpsc6fe26ab.png photo twitter_zps621beec6.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.