Tuesday 10 July 2018

Kate Gillespie releases new summertime single, "Not Having Fun"































NASHVILLE, Tenn. (July 6, 2018)
Kate Gillespie has released her brand new summertime single, "Not Having Fun" on all digital platforms.

Produced by Johnny Simmen Productions with pedal steel by Matt Klevorn.

The song was added to New Music Friday Canada Spotify Playlist
 
"I wrote this song just moments after deciding to end a casual relationship that I was very emotionally invested in. I denied my emotions throughout the entirety of that relationship on the notion that I shouldn’t take anything too seriously as we were just having fun. While I was writing the song I came to terms with the fact that I had tried to push my negative feelings aside because he and I shared similar family tragedies in our lives. As it turned out, that meant more to me than I was willing to admit, until I wrote the bridge of “Not Having Fun”. Each verse is a little more honest than the last because I was revealing thoughts to myself that I had repressed as I was writing."

Original Release Date: 6 July 2018

Release Date: 6 July 2018

Label: Kate Gillespie

Total Length: 3:14

Genres: Pop





Kate Gillespie is an indie/folk singer-songwriter from Toronto, Ontario. During her adolescent years, Kate attended an art school located in downtown Toronto. This passion for all things creative led Kate to devote her time to songwriting, collaborating, and performing with other Toronto natives. When she was thirteen years old, her Dad took her on a trip to Nashville, based on their shared love for country music. In August 2014, Kate moved to Nashville to pursue her musical career.

A few years later, in September of 2017, she released her debut EP, titled PINK AND GOLD (
Amazon UK - UK iTunes - Spotify ). The album gained quick success on Spotify, with over 500,000 streams on the title track and 650,000 streams on the EP overall. 

On the EP she shared on Facebook: I am ecstatic, these are the songs of my soul, and I have a million people to thank. Firstly, thank you to the world's best manager Sam Saideman of Innovo Management, LLC, thank you to my producer Johnny Simmen Productions , and all of the killer musicians who played on this EP: Emma LambiaseRowen MerrillRyan Casey and Matt Klevorn. And of course, thank you to my parents Kathryn Wright and Bill Gillespie for the endless support, and my incredible friends who've been supporting my music and coming to my writer's rounds for the past year. I'm over the damn moon thanks to all of you.

Genre: Folk/Americana Singer-Songwriter
Home Town: Toronto
Current Location: Nashville, TN
Influences: Brandi Carlile, First Aid Kit, Joni Mitchell, Ingrid Micahelson,

CONNECT with Kate Gillespie:
Facebook Icon Pink x 48 photo Facebook_zpsoxry8ygw.png Instagram Icon Pink x 48 photo Instagram_zpsuh9qqh6v.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.